Committees are formed upon the charge of the San Francisco State University's President to achieve certain initiatives. Generally, committees have a charter or charge that establishes the priorities and responsibilities of the committee, the committee membership, and the meeting procedures. Committee members are appointed via a charge letter that sets forth expectations for involvement in the committee.
- President or Vice President sponsors initiative to form a committee
- President appoints members to the committee via a charge letter based on their role
- Committee members accept positions on the committee
- Committee members develop committee charge or charter
- Committee charge or charter is approved by the committee, the appropriate Vice President, and the President
- Committee working groups are established
- Regular committee meetings commence
- An annual review process is conducted whereby the committee reports out on its work
*Please note that this does not include Search Committees formed for the purpose of hiring.