Administration & Finance
Enterprise Risk Management
Demond Blanton / Worker's Compensation and Loss Control Programs Manager / (415) 338-1545 / email@example.com
Friday, October 10, 2003
The purpose of the San Francisco State University’s Workers’ Compensation program is to provide all eligible employees who experience a work related injury/illness access to the University’s workers’ compensation program.
San Francisco State University employees (including faculty, staff, management, special consultants, student assistants, and work study students), appointed volunteers and some students enrolled in off campus internships are covered by Workers’ Compensation. San Francisco State University employees qualify for benefits when performing work for the University.
The University is committed to:
- Facilitating access to the medical and compensation benefits that an injured/ill employee is entitled to;
- Ensuring a return to work occurs as soon as deemed medically possible following a work related injury/illness;
- Providing suitable temporary transitional work for injured/ill employees where practicable;
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical information about an employee’s work related injury/illness;
- Insuring compliance with State and Federal law, California State University policy and San Francisco State University policy and procedures;
- Providing information and training to staff, supervisors and managers, concerning their responsibilities within workers’ compensation, temporary transitional work and return to work endeavors;
- Development, implementation, supervision and advancement in programmatic initiatives to optimize the performance of the workers' compensation program;
For more information please go to: http://ehs.sfsu.edu