Policy Coordination Responsibilities
The Audit & Policy Coordinator (APC) is available to assist departments and committees throughout the process of policy development and revision. Below is a summary of the services provided by the APC:
- The APC and Executive Director of Quality Assurance and Audit Services will facilitate the policy approval process. The department or committee consults with the APC at the beginning of the process for guidance.
- If the proposed policy is a new one, the APC will assist in determining if it should become a University Executive Directive (UED) or a departmental Policy.
- Depending on the policy, the APC will help the department or committee identify subject matter experts to be consulted, who may include members of Human Resources, Employee & Labor Relations, Faculty Affairs, Enterprise Risk Management, Student Affairs - Dean of Students, Housing, Dining, & Conference Services, and University Counsel.
- The APC will make the draft UED or Policy available on the Policies website to give the campus community an opportunity to review and comment.
- The APC and Executive Director of Quality Assurance and Audit Services will support campus communication as applicable following the finalization of the policy.
Please do not hesitate email firstname.lastname@example.org with any policy questions!